Have there been times in your life where you said something you thought you should say, you’ve done wrong; then later God convicted your heart that you were wrong? Personally, I don’t want to do that. Have I, yes, more than once in my life.
And … it broke my heart! Like many others, I swore I would never to do that to another person … but, I did. There is a way to stop.
O Lord God, If I Have Done Wrong
That small phrase says ‘if I have, then do this’. What a fearful thought! Do you see that? Giving God permission to not only search and point out, but to discipline. The human aspect in me wants to turn from that!
“O Lord, my God, if I have done wrong or I am guilty of injustice, if I have betrayed a friend or plundered an enemy without cause, then let my enemies capture me. Let them trample me into the ground. Let my honor be left in the dust.” Psalm 7:3-5
David sang this song to God because of being attacked and wanting justice, but not wanting to give justice himself. He was asking God to search his heart first and if God found anything that David had done to inflict harm on a person, he was giving God permission to turn him over to his enemies.
If you had harmed someone, not meaning to, could you lay yourself before them asking to be punished?
That thought is so very difficult to envision; however, I know that is something we must do. We must ask forgiveness, and there will probably be circumstances that arise from that. We will have to deal with those, but not by ourselves. Because God, our Daddy God, will be with us. Jesus, our Redeemer will be with us, Holy Spirit will be with us. As they are One, we will not be alone.
What is your heart telling you right now? What is God speaking to you about? I know what He is speaking to me, and that is I have been guilty of injustices towards another. And, I repent, O God! Do not let me do this again, change my heart!
Have you been redeemed? Has your heart been changed? Is it still changing?When things are going good, check your spiritual heart or you may trip and fall. Click To Tweet
I admit that sometimes things are going good and I think that God and I are real good. Did I ask God? No.
Here are some things to watch for in our lives:
- Apathy towards God
- Not really wanting to go to church
- Reading less and less of God’s Word
- Not spending quality time with God like you used to
- Thinking more critically as the world does
- Easily upset by circumstances or people
- Compassion and love for others decreasing
- Avoiding asking God to search your heart nor really wanting to know the answers
Do any of these ring a bell with you? They do with me, I’m being convicted and these are some of the things I’m convicted right now by.
What is your story?
What is it going to take to ask the question of God “O Lord God, if I have done wrong, turn me over to be punished.”
So, yes, I have become lazy, I have become distracted by life. As I frequently say to my co-workers: “I saw a carrot and off I go in another direction.”
Do you do that also? I sure hope not because it can be a little embarrassing.
We have a list of things that tell us what to watch for (warning signs of laziness with God), so let’s get to the list of what we can do to reverse that:
Turn Back to God
- Read, read, read God’s Word every day
- Pray, pray, pray and pray more
- Ask God to search your heart and listen
- Be obedient to God’s Word
- Ask God to restore a heart of love for people
- Trust God to draw you back to His embrace
- Find a Bible-believing, full Bible preaching/teaching church and attend
- Ask a Godly person to pray with you (if you’re a woman, ask a woman please)
I want to encourage you to run back into God’s embrace for He is waiting for you with much love on His face. He is waiting to shower you with love, with peace, with assurance, with wisdom, with hope and with a change of heart.
No matter what you are facing today, God knows. But, he wants you to admit it freely to Him and deliver it completely and permanently to Him.God's love is never-ending, it is timeless, it is complete, it is life-changing, it redeems… Click To Tweet
I heard a saying a long time ago. Sometimes we give our troubles to God, we pray and hand them over. Then, the flesh takes over as if to say “Ah, that’s too trivial for God, we’ll take it back and handle it.”
Have you done that?
Time To Return To God
Today, get on your knees and with your face bowed low, pray and ask God to forgive you. Tell Him everything, leave nothing out. Then, be silent or sing a prayer of thanksgiving or a hymn.
Quiet time, just you and God. For:
- God is the One and Only God (El Echad)
- Lord God (Adonai)
- God is Almighty (El Shaddai or God is the all-powerful One)
- He is Sovereign/Omnipotent (El Elyon or God is in control)
- He is Omnipotent (God has perfect knowledge of all things, past, present or future)
- He is Everlasting (El Olam)
- God is Peace (El Shaloam)
- He is Righteous (El Tssadik or God is just)
- He is Truth (El Emet or God cannot and will not lie)
- God is Faithful (El Hanne’eman or God will support and nourish us)
- God who sees us (El Roi)
- God is Mighty (El Gibbor)
- God our Provider (El Jireh)
- I can go on, and on, but God is your everything!
I would also love to pray for you if you would let me know in the comments, you do not need to go into specifics. Just let me know that you need prayer today and it will be done on your behalf.
If you liked this encouragement, please subscribe to the right to see more and get my freebie!
This post was featured on Whatever Is So Lovely Living on April 4, 2016!