Have you ever wondered about that or thought about it? Does the Bible really show that God has goals and plans?
I know, you’re thinking, “What is she talking about?”
God has done BIG things in history and is still doing BIG things! And, those BIG things are what He wants us to understand, as well as the fact that they can only be achieved by taking action in small bite-sized ways.
However, we limit God by our limited belief. We have been “taught” to only pray for what we can understand or wrap our minds around. We have not been taught to pray BIG!
8 Ways That God Started With Goals
- “In the beginning” is a clear indication that God had big plans for the future. There was nothing and He created something for a bigger goal. (Genesis 1:1)
- It wasn’t about the process of creation, but the origin of it.
- He didn’t have to create anything … He chose to
- God created everything in an orderly fashion (Genesis 1:1-31)
- He didn’t create plants before light, for example
- Out of everything He created, He created us humans as the only ones who can communicate with Him (Psalm 34:17)
- God created us to reflect His image (Genesis 1:27-28)
- When we criticize others or put them down, we are at the same time putting down God (Matthew 7:1-2, Romans 2:21-22 & 2 Samuel 12:5-6)
- God created all life to pro-create or to continue life
- Mankind cannot create something out of nothing
- God provided a way, from the beginning, for us to be attached to the vine, to not only be the children of God but the adopted children of God (John 15:1-17)
- God does not make mistakes. However, because He created us to choose, He also knew that we would need redemption in our lives … a path to righteousness and fellowship with Him, now and eternally
- He provided a “road map” detailing the goals for our lives that He has and how much He loves us … the Bible
- God provided redemption, He provided holiness and righteousness for us! (John 3:16)
How Do We Believe and Pray BIG?
With all of these, can you not see how God wants us to pray way beyond our limited understanding? He wants us to believe BIG, He wants us to ask for the BIG things! However, God is also very interested in the little things. In fact, He works most of the time in small ways that we don’t even notice.
Don’t just ask God to change your husband’s heart … ask God and praise Him for guiding your husband to be a Godly man even though that is completely impossible to imagine. That also means that you, as his wife, have a responsibility to connect with God and allow Him to change your heart.
Don’t just ask God to give you more money, ask God to help you learn how to take care of the money, talents, body and everything the way He wants you to do it. It is all His, everything is!
There are so many ways in which we are self-limiting God and what He wants to do in our lives.
Start with God’s Goals For Your Life
It’s time, way past time, to see that God’s goals are good for us. That means, we must also have goals that are God-inspired and what God wants for us.
First, take some time to pray and ask God for guidance. Then, list out in a notebook 10 BIG goals that are impossible to achieve in your life. Then, take the time to break each of those goals down into smaller goals of: yearly, monthly, weekly, daily to get there.
Don’t try to get caught in the time-stealing mentality of multi-tasking. Take one goal and start working on it, praying over the process and actionable steps. Do things God’s way and timing and you’ll see everything take place beyond your wildest imagination.
God is a great BIG God and He is not limited by how we see Him, but we are limited in how we see Him. It’s time to break free of that trap and expand!
I would love to hear your goals, just leave a comment.